- have produced over 100,000 kWh of clean energy onsite
- will produce and save over 1,000,000 kWh over 25 years
- is keeping over 1,000 tons of CO2 emissions out of the atmosphere
- producing 100% of our electrical requirements
- our farming practices and tree planting are sequestering over 12,000 lbs of carbon annually
Located on a small organic farm in the Berkshire Mountains, we believe that from farm to table, food is at the root of culture - we believe in a culture of compassion, transparency and sustainability - a culture built upon an ethical food economy.
Our facility is powered by onsite solar, is Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, and Kosher for Passover. We compost, have installed energy efficient LED lighting, and are continually looking for better ways to reduce our footprint.
Our founder, Melissa Kushi, is a 6th generation farmer's daughter and passionate about food, farming, and quality. As a result, our organic heirloom gardens provide free CSA Shares for our employees throughout the harvest season. We believe that quality of food is paramount to quality of life and encourage you to know your seed, your food, and know and support your farmer.
We are passionate about change and restoring the beauty and biodiversity of our living earth. We are proud sponsors of local organic farmers, of Willie Nelson's FarmAid, and Greenagers, an organization for teens and young adults who are exploring sustainable farming, environmental leadership, and conservation, as future community leaders.